Secrets of Successful Families: Transfering Values with Wealth for a Lasting Legacy
Please join us for our March Dinner Meeting Secrets of Successful Families: Transfering Values with Wealth for a Lasting Legacy presented by Justin T. Miller, J.D.., LL.M., TEP, AEP®, CFP®. We will also be having a special Social Hour hosted by Paul S. Viren, President of the NAEPC with a quick presentation about the value of the AEP® Designation in your practice areas.
Secrets of Successful Families:
Transferring Values with Wealth for a Lasting Legacy
How can you help families avoid the “shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations” phenomenon? Not only do advisors need to prepare the money for the family, but they also should help prepare the family for the money. This seminar will present the common characteristics of families who have successfully transferred their values—in addition to their wealth—to future generations, and will provide examples of practical contemporary tax and estate planning techniques that have helped such families build lasting legacies.
Program topics addressed:
• Why do most traditional tax and estate planning advisors fail to help wealthy families preserve their wealth across multiple generations?
• What types of tax and estate planning strategies should clients be implementing to transfer wealth to their families in the current economic environment?
• How can advisors improve communication with clients and their families to deal with tough questions, like the “pre-nup. issue?”
• What contemporary practices are being utilized by advisors to appropriately incentivize trust beneficiaries and prevent the sense of entitlement, lack of motivation, guilt, trust issues and depression that are commonly experienced by “trust fund babies?”
Justin T. Miller, J.D., LL.M., TEP, AEP®, CFP®
National Wealth Strategist
As a national wealth strategist at BNY Mellon, Justin Miller works collaboratively with other advisors to provide comprehensive wealth planning advice to clients and their families. He also is an adjunct professor at Golden Gate University School of Law, a Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), and a sought-after speaker for tax, estate planning and family governance topics at major conferences throughout the country. In addition, Mr. Miller has published numerous articles, and he is frequently quoted as an industry expert in the media. He received a master of laws in taxation and a juris doctor from New York University School of Law and a bachelor’s degree, with honors, from the University of California at Berkeley.
* Continuing Education has been approved for MCLE. Continuing Education has been aaproved for CFP Board and CPE. Insurance credit is not available for this meeting. *
- Secrets of Successful Families: Transfering Values with Wealth for a Lasting Leg
- Secrets of Successful Families:Transferring Values with Wealth for a Lasting Leg
- 03.20.18 Justin Miller - Successful Families PowerPoint